Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kevin Devine - 04.20.08

Kevin Devine - Music Hall of Williamsburg
April 20, 2008 - Brooklyn, NY
Put Your Ghost to Rest Record Re-Release Show




Kevin Devine did not disappoint. Even though I'm an idiot and dragged Becky with me to get there for around 7 when, I soon discovered, Kevin didn't go on until 10.  So we walked around Williamsburg aimlessly for nearly an hour, where Becky pointed out how suspicious we probably looked and that a cop might have a reasonable suspicion that criminality was afoot if they saw us that would justify them stopping and frisking us.  I've never seen so many Thai and sushi restaurants in such a small area.

Long story longer, I have a total crush on Kevin Devine.  He is absolutely my favorite person in the world with my initials!  Highlights:

  • He played "Put Your Ghost to Rest" in its entirety.  As I guess could have been expected seeing that it was the re-release party.  But it was exciting nonetheless because I don't know that I've ever heard him do "Go Haunt Someone Else" live.
  • Brian Bonz playing EVERY INSTRUMENT KNOWN TO MAN (ok, not really, but kinda really)
  • "Take me to prom!" "I'm a grown ass man, I can't take you to prom! I can DRIVE you to prom!"
  • Kareem Abdul Jabar! He made his mom cover her ears.  I'm not sure why. But it was cute.
  • His "you know any Dave?" story . . . I fully appreciate anyone who doesn't think that Dave Matthews is God's gift to music. Which may be because I am convinced that Kevin Devine is God's gift to music
  • "People Are So Fickle"! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that song.
  • Super seriously, I loooooooooooove Kevin Devine.  So severely.

* setlist needed . . . obviously all of Put Your Ghost To Rest, but the order and the rest would be nice :)*

No comments:

Post a Comment