Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mike Errico - 12.17.09

Mike Errico - Joe's Pub
December 17, 2009 - New York, NY



My first Mike Errico holiday show since 2006 - another one that didn't disappoint.  I hadn't seen Mike since he did a free show at Rockwood Music Hall in April, and I forgot how much I love his live shows.  He's incredible.

The setlist was fantastic, although I would have loved to have heard When She Walks By and Strawberry Song:

  1. Skimming
  2. Daylight  ("I heard laughter during the 'woman #2 line' . . . that can only mean one thing . . . new blood")
  3. Springtime
  4. Ever Since
  5. Johnsburg, Illinois  (Tom Waits cover)
  6. 1000 Miles
  7. Count to Ten
  8. Grace
  9. Free
  10. [unknown]
  11. Underwater
  12. Someday
Encore

  1. Happy (during the omen distribution)
After a VERY brief exit from the stage (i.e. - 10 seconds, tops), Mike came back with the instructions to "release the omens".   In the past I've gotten a men's shaving kit, a magnifying stick, and cologne in a cigar shaped bottle, so I was kind of nervous to see what I'd get this time around.  "You don't choose your omen; your omen chooses you."  Awesome.



Thank you Mike Errico. 

*EDIT* - More thanks to Mike Errico for actually tweeting about this post -  totally made my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment